Friday 10 April 2015

Animating with Maya: Turntables

A while back we were taught how to create a turntable of an object. I thought I'd put my knowledge to the test and create one of my own. To do this I could have simply opened an object I had made previously, but I was feeling out of practice with Maya so decided to make something else for this exercise. I decided to make a Domo model. 

My Domo Model

I was working from a figurine that Matt had bought me for Christmas, and I was trying to get the shape of the model as accurate as I could. Some of the features aren't as accurate as I had hoped, but I think the overall shape looks good, especially as I am still just a beginner (that hasn't used Maya for a number of weeks/months).

Domo Turntable - Playblast

Once I had finished modelling I created a turntable of the object. This was really easy to do, as I simply clicked Animate > Turntable, set the number of frames I wanted the turntable to play for and then Maya did the rest for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment