Tuesday 21 April 2015

Applied Animation: Animating The Living Room

The next part I needed to animate was the living room scene where Ramon is smoking on the sofa. Just as before I collected my reference videos and began animating. I started off by drawing the sofa and then drew "Ramon" on separate layers over the top of the sofa. I then made the sofa invisible and saved each pose to create an image sequence that I could then place back over the sofa so I could keep the model and the background separate. 

Attempt One

Playing it back I realised that he moved way too quick so I am going to have to add in more keyframes, but for a first attempt I think it looks fine. I like the different shades I have chosen in both the sofa and the character and I like that he doesn't fluctuate in scale which is good. I was also worried that the shape of the head was going to look unrealistic as he looked up to blow out smoke due to the lack of facial features, but I think it looks fine.

What I need to do from here is perfect the movement of the character then draw other components that shall be in the room. Once I have done this I can construct the room inside the city composition and continue to animate using After Effects.


Update:
I drew a couple of inbetweens which greatly improved the sequence. Not only this but I extended the length of some of frames (when the model is inhaling and blowing out smoke) which has made the action seem much more believable. If needs be I can extend these further by adding in more frames and I also might have to consider holding the first pose for longer as the camera gets into position in the room.

Attempt Two

No comments:

Post a Comment