Monday 18 April 2016

Applied Animation: Animating The Posting Scene

Just like before, I wanted to collect reference material that I could work from whilst animating the posting scene, but there was nowhere online that featured someone pushing a baby into a postbox, funnily enough. This meant I had to improvise and use a bike helmet and a stool.

Reference Video

Although it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, the reference video was a massive help again, as I could look at how the arms extended and rotated as the baby was lifted into the 'post box'. 

Posting Scene

Again, I'm happy with how the animation has turned out. I made the boy come in slowly as he was lifting the child and then leave the frame quicker, to try to help show that the baby had weight. I also like the overlapping action of the baby's limbs as it falls into the postbox, which I exaggerated to emphasize the humor in this story. 

Whilst I was drawing the boy, it seemed to me that his arms grew and I was afraid that this was going to be an issue when I scanned in the frames. Now that I have put them together, they don't actually seem to grow at all, which is a bonus. 

Just like before, there still needs to be some editing carried out to make sure that the background doesn't show through the characters, but again, I shall revisit this once my other scenes are complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment