Sunday 30 April 2017

Extended Practice: Scene 018-023

I've recently finished these scene, and I wanted to briefly talk about it because I think it is one of my favourite scenes up to now. Aside from the jumping at the beginning - which I don't think is as good, as I think it feels a bit too wooden. If I get the chance I'd like to go back and revisit this, and add some head movements and fix the eye-line of the character - I think this is a strong character performance. 

Scene 018-023

I really struggled with the perspective of this scene; not only did I find it hard to draw out the character twisting their body, but she also walked away from the camera, and I found it hard to scale her appropriately. However, I think I've done a good job with this action, and I particularly like the secondary action on the ponytail, as it drags and sways as she jumps, then once again as it whips around as she looks away from the kite.

I also think this scene is well timed. The timing and spacing of the kite allows it to really crash into the ground. I've allowed enough time for the character to react to the kite swooping down in front of her too, which really emphasises the illusion of life.

When it comes to working in colour and backgrounds, I think it would be beneficial for me to start with this scene as I think it could be showreel worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment