Sunday 9 April 2017

Extended Practice: The Red Turtle

I attended a Masterclass with Michael Dudok de Wit whilst in Lille for the Fete de l'anim, and it was really interesting. He spoke in great depth about his movie The Red Turtle, and it was nice to hear about the production of the film. Though I haven't had the chance to watch it just yet, I have heard a lot about the film as it was also screened at MAF. If I could get the chance to see it I definitely will, as it looks beautiful. It will also be massively useful for me, as a lot of the backgrounds (if not all of them - I'm not sure) are made using watercolours, which is what I am using for my final film. It was interesting to see how they had layered up multiple watercolour paintings to achieve the final look for the background. It's not something I hadn't considered before but is definitely something I should look into if I have the time, as I think it the technique helped to give depth to the environment.

Example of the Build-up in Watercolour/Layers

No comments:

Post a Comment