Thursday 14 May 2015

Animating with Maya: Anticipation

As part of my animation skills brief, I was required to create an "anticipation" animation. I returned to my previous model of a truck, and I wanted to animate it like a pull-back-and-release toy.  To do this I set the first keyframe as its original position. I then changed the frame number and moved the truck back, setting another keyframe. I then did the same thing again, but this time I moved the truck forward and set the keyframe to occur sooner, so it would appear to move faster.

Motion Path of the Truck

To increase the speed at which the truck "set off", I adjusted the motion path of the truck in the graph editor.

Anticipation Playblast

I thought this was a good way to demonstrate anticipation using Maya, as the truck prepares itself for the acceleration by being dragged back and this movement is in the opposite direction of the major action that is about to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment