Thursday 10 December 2015

Responsive: Choosing a Final Brief

For my third and final brief I was hoping to be able to produce a bunch of designs for RedBubble. The thought came around when I was doodling different plants, and I decided to add colour in photoshop and had the idea to make a series of drawings in the same style that gave different rules for taking care of plants. I actually ended up putting them on RedBubble, firstly for my own portfolio but secondly because I thought they had a 'cute pastel' aesthetic that I know can be quite popular on RedBubble.

My Designs (Nature Commandments)

Having discussed my plans with Mike, he suggested that it could be a good idea. In order for this brief to be substantial I would have to research the current market for RedBubble and try to contact people that would be interested in my products. I think this would be possible, and with the right advertising I think these could be quite popular but I'm no longer going to being doing this for my final brief. It was brought to my attention that I would be able to do a second LoopdeLoop for a substantial brief, and this month's title appeals to me greatly. Because of this I am going to be creating a second Loop.

Having said this, I'm not going to completely forget about these designs. I plan to return to them in the summer and finish off the designs I have planned out for the rest of the collection. I'm also planning on handling it like a responsive brief and I shall make an attempt to show the work to different plant enthusiasts to try to make some sales but mainly to get my work out there. I think I prefer doing this this way, as I find making designs for RedBubble something to be quite relaxing and is usually something I do in my spare time and for my own amusement and I would like to keep it this way, but this time around I am going to consider trying to get my designs seen rather than them just being in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment