Monday 7 December 2015

Telling Tales: Finished.

The day has finally arrived. We're finished with our animation.

Final Version

Emma experimented with adjusting the shadow beneath her character's feet to make it no longer look like her character was floating, but we weren't happy with the results. Instead of spending hours on trying to edit this in post we simply decided to re-render the scene and slot it into the composition. This worked a charm, and it seems that Emma had simply forgot to save the adjustment that made the character stand firmly on the ground and that is why when she rendered it a second time it was hovering. It's great that we had managed our time well enough so that we were able to rectify this mistake, as the inconsistency would have really bothered me.

Overall I think this project has been a success. I've encountered a few problems along the way but now I feel I have the knowledge to be able to avoid them in the future, and I definitely think there will be Maya in my future as I have very much enjoyed working with it. I'm also happy that I have now experienced what it is like working in a team. As it stands I think I prefer working on my own, but I am definitely going to continue working collaboratively to benefit my working practice, and to work with different people and different amounts to see whether my view on team work changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment