Wednesday 2 December 2015

Responsive: LoopdeLeeds

On Monday night I was able to attend the loopdeloop screening that was being held in Leeds, hosted by one of LCA's third year students. It was really exciting to be able to attend, as it made me feel hopeful for the future of animation in Leeds, and I shall definitely be showing my support again by attending any screenings that are going to be held in the future.

It was also nice to see my work being screened in an environment that wasn't college, to an audience that all had one thing in common. Animation. It was a shame that the turn out wasn't bigger as it would have been nice to get the chance to talk to other animators or people that could have potentially been interested in my work, but it was only the first time the screening had been held in Leeds and it didn't get masses of advertising. Having said this, an audience is an audience, and it was nice to sit down and watch all the entries properly as I had missed out many when I was scrolling through the website.



At the end of the night we voted for which loop we liked the best out of al of the submissions, and then we had a winner for Leeds entries. We voted the overall winner to be Logan Niblock's entry and David Wevill was awarded as Leed's Loop winner. I wasn't disheartened by the fact that I didn't win, not even remotely shocked considering it was my first ever loop and I was up against some experienced loopers. Hey, I was happy enough that I had a couple of votes for the best Leeds' Loop. It has made me determined to continue to enter the contests and continue to practice animating in this way, hopefully in contests that have a better title that I can relate to a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment