Thursday 10 December 2015

Responsive: A Second LoopdeLoop

This month's title for LoopdeLoop is Sisters, and I'm really excited about it. I grew up with four sisters and I have always wanted to create an animation based on my experiences with them but I've never got around to it. Now I might actually have the chance.
I feel this brief is going to be more beneficial to me than the RedBubble project, as I am going to be able to practice my animating skills which I am more interested in doing than creating still 2D images in photoshop. I also have a greater interest in this topic than I do with plants, and I have a lot of first hand experiences that will help me with production.

Unpicking the Brief
I picked out from the brief what I thought was relevant/important and conducted further research based on these points. My first port of call was to find out more about The WANDAA project. 

This month's brief 
(Laurie Holden is an Actress and Human's Rights Activist)

It turns out the Loop brief summed up what the WANDAA project is very well and I didn't manage to find out much more about them, other than that it's an independent project that is currently a voluntary labour of love, trying to raise the profile of female animators, producers and other female roles in the animation field. 

The WANDAA Project's Website

WANDAA's Social Media

I even looked up whether they had any social media or if they had posted anything that could influence my pre-production for the better. They do have a number of different accounts but I didn't find anything that could be of use for my designing. I think the best thing to do here would be to simply create strong female characters within an interesting narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment