Monday 30 November 2015

Telling Tales: Input from Tim Searle

Whilst I was at Manchester Animation Festival I attended a masterclass presentation from Tim Searle (creative director at Tiger Aspect) and to cut a long story short, we ended up following each other on Twitter and he suggested that I should send him my film when I was done. I thought I'd take him up on his offer and I sent him my progress so far with this project (my 30 seconds of rendered animation).


I think what Tim said was accurate and fair, and if I had more time I would love to go back and re-visit my scenes to try and give the character more weight, but If I were to do it now I won't have enough time to do post-production work and ultimately get our animation finished. I think the footage as it stands is a good attempt, especially as it is my first ever time animating in Maya, but I would love to return to it in the future to see if I can make it less 'floaty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment