Tuesday 3 November 2015

Telling Tales: Modelling My Own Character - UV Mapping

Now that the character was complete it was time to UV map. This was a very simple process as I just had to follow the notes I had taken from first time I did this, and because the character is similar in shape to the demo model I UV mapped I found it very easy to follow my notes. I had cut up the model into different shells and arranged them on the map in a way that would make sense to me. Like so:

Character UV Map

Once I had finished this I was able to open the image file into Photoshop to create the character's skin. Here's how it looks:


First Attempt

I'm really happy with how this is coming along but there are some things that need tweaking with the skin. For instance there are some spaces that I want to fill with brown spots, and some of them need lining up/re-positioning. I also need top add a ramp shader to the eyes to create a pupil, but I shall do this once I have 'perfected' the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment