Friday 27 November 2015

Telling Tales: La Chair De Ma Chère

Way back during our interim crits, Constance approached me to show me some animation that she thought would be of use to me. The animation she showed me was called La Chair De Ma Chère by Antoine Blandin. I wasn't sure what the animation was about fully, as we were only able to find the trailer online and it was all in french (having translated a website where the animation has been discussed, I have discovered that it is supposedly about a child taking refuge in his own reality after a tragic event) but the main characters were deer, and it was interesting to see how they had tackled making them move standing on two legs. 

 La Chair De Ma Chère - Antoine Blandin

The animation was a lot different to the style we were aiming for as it was made up of blocks and was very geometric, were we were looking for smooth characters that moved much like humans would. However it was still nice to look at and to see the other directions in which we could have taken our own animation in. If I were to redo it, I think it would have been nice to adapt an approach like this and make the characters less 'realistic' and look at how we could have made our characters and environment more obscure and cartoon like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment