Monday 23 November 2015

Telling Tales: Final Crit

Today we had our final critique, and it was a great opportunity to talk about what we had so far and it was interesting to see what other people were up to and how far ahead we were/weren't in comparison. I think the session went really well. We started by showing our scene file and discussing the problems we had both being having with our characters; Emma's being that she can't get her model UV mapped, and my issue being that my character had completely stopped working/moving in the scene even though I hadn't done anything to it since last time it was working (I have since re-imported a previous version of my character into the scene and it is now working, thankfully).

We then showed our animation progress that we had both rendered out to see what a final product could potentially look like, and we got really good feedback which was great.

My Animation Progress

 
Emma's Progress

The general jist of our feedback was that the character was very cute, and the subtle shakes made the struggle of him standing and walking believable. Similarly with Emma, the subtle flicks of the ears made the character more interesting as he is just standing there. As Emma's character doesn't do a great deal of moving, it was suggested that we really need to nail his poses to emphasise his character and give him more life, which I think is a MUST.

In previous crits it was suggested to us to add texture to the sofa and when I asked about it this time around we were told not to bother, as the lighting seems to have given it texture anyway. This is what I was thinking anyway and I like how it makes the character stand out, but I still wanted to see if others shared my opinion. 

The impression I got from the crit was that we can just continue working as we are. The animation is looking good and we have divided our work load well. It seems as I have a harder task tackling some of the walking sequences with this character, but to balance this out Emma has suggested that she will take more responsibility with post-production, which I think seems fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment