Monday 30 November 2015

Telling Tales: Bojack Horseman

Bojack Horseman is a show that I thought of immediately when we started designing for this project simply because their characters are bipedal animals, but they are animals that usually don't walk on two legs just like our "Giraffelope" characters.

Bojack Horseman Official Trailer

I found looking at Bojack to be beneficial to our animating as it made me realise that I would just be able to look at human video references rather than trying to mix the characteristics of a human, deer and giraffe, as the characters in this show move exactly as a human would (give or take). Although it's not the style we are aiming for with our own animation, I still found it to be useful to look at as we wanted to create a similar movement for own characters but in 3D, and a little more... realistic? 

No comments:

Post a Comment