Wednesday 11 November 2015

Responsive: LoopdeLoop - Finishing my Animation

To begin with I was thinking of having a calming/upbeat song/music clip playing at the start and having it cut out with the sound of a vinyl needle skipping when the cat fails its jump. I quickly decided against this idea as there was the issue of when will the song be introduced to the animation, and also it seemed like those kind of sound effects could be quite annoying when played on a loop.

Instead I opted for a more subtle approach of having outdoor ambient noises playing, and have the cat quietly meow as it is contemplating the jump, and the sound of it landing when it falls to the next platform. I found the appropriate sounds on a royalty free sound effects website and implemented them into my animation using Premiere. I was ready to send off my loop when I realised one of the noises I had chosen had a creative commons licence meaning I would have to credit them for using the cat sound effect. This would be fine if I were uploading to YouTube or anything like that, but I was unsure whether or not I would be disqualified from LoopdeLoop if I credited someone else's sound effect, even though it was royalty free. Instead of taking the risk, I decided to look for another sound effect.

Final Animation

I'm pleased with how my loop has turned out, especially as it is my first time creating an animation of this nature and entering in this competition. It has also been quite a while since I have used photoshop and after effects to animate (I haven't touched them since last year when I made my 'Target' title sequence animation) so it was nice to get stared with them again. I was actually feeling quite nervous as I had been out of practice, but I have now sent off my entry and am awaiting to see whether it meets the requirements to be considered and featured on their website. Wish me luck!



Update: My loop met the requirements and is now featured on the website! It can be found here: http://www.loopdeloop.org/2015/11/lauren-williams-lol/

No comments:

Post a Comment