Thursday 5 November 2015

Responsive: Starting a New Brief - LoopdeLoop

The next brief I want to engage with is the current competition that Loop de Loop are holding. Loop de Loop is a wesbite that hosts an animation challenge bi-monthly. Anyone can enter and when the deadline is reached the people at Loop host a screening of all the posted loops and during said screening a winner is announced.

The reason I want to tackle this brief is because;
a) It relates strongly to my field of practice. You have to create a looping animation or gif.
b) It's a great opportunity to get creative.
c) You are able to see ALL entries and all of them are screened. Even if I don't win at least my work will be seen by a larger audience than what I'm used to.
and finally d) This/next month, there is actually going to be a screening for Loop de Loop held in Leeds. This means that I'll be able to attend the event and potentially meet people that could be interested in my work if I enter.

This month's theme is: LOL.

Picking at the Brief

Before I got started with brainstorming ideas, I thought it would be best if I took a quick look at what JibJab do. I've not heard of them before so I have no idea what they're about, but I thought it would definitely benefit me to find out and see what THEY find funny, considering they're sponsoring LoopdeLoop. 

Selection of E-cards by JibJab

JibJab is a digital media company that is "dedicated to making funny things worth sharing". They have been around since 1999 and currently create E-cards that you can feature yourself in, whether it be a seasonal card, a greetings card or just something for "everyday fun".  

A lot of the cards seem to have a general theme running throughout, a small bodied character that has a large head (which can potentially be your own), but there was one clip on their website that really stood out from the rest, and that was this one...


I definitely think a character of this quirky nature is the way to go. This will allow me to get creative with my designs, and will also allow for me to create a fun animation which I think is most tailored for this brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment