Thursday 9 February 2017

Extended Practice: Kite Design

A main element of the story is obviously the kite that the two sisters are attempting to fly, so I began coming up with concepts for it.

Digital Kite Concepts

Though I was really happy with all of the designs, I thought some were too complicated to use, i.e the box kites and the ones with tails. The designs - whilst potentially more interesting - just made more work for me in terms of animating (the character animation is enough of a challenge for me, for now). 

Instead I decided to take the simple purple kite further, by experimenting with colour and texture.

Colour and Texture Tests

I'm happy with the simplistic design of the kite, as I think the colour greatly improves the look of the kite, though at this stage I'm not too sure what colour I'm going to go with. However, I'm not going to stress over this too much as it doesn't make THAT much difference. I can decide on this later, or when it comes to actually colouring frames. Though, I can imagine that a majority of the kite scenes will be animated in after effects as apposed to frame-by-frame, as they will consist of simple swaying movements, especially when the camera angle is straight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment