Thursday 9 February 2017

Extended Practice: Meeting With My Music Collaborators 08/02

Since my first visit to LCoM, I have decided who I would like to collaborate with; Nathan McGill, Sam Davies and Jinny Finkill. They seemed to be really enthusiastic about the project, and had some good ideas about what the score could sound like.

I had arranged to meet up with them so we could discuss my development with the project and story. I made sure to print out the storyboard I had prepared previously (which I let them keep so they could make notes on it/refer to it when working with the music) and I took my animatic on a USB (again, I have left them with a copy). 

I explained to them that the length of the animation is going to be about 2 minutes 10 seconds, and that it won't change much more than that (the end credits maybe longer than what is outlined in the animatic, as I only put a guide in for the time being). I also outlined what I was expecting of the music, and that I thought the music could get more dramatic as the kite gets further into the air. However, I don't really know much about music or sound design, so all I could say was that the tone of the animation is going to be very light-hearted and that it is going to be set during autumn, and that I wanted the music to reflect this. I pointed out that there would be no dialogue, but was hoping to work in some foley sounds. 

They had some good ideas, and we discussed the possibility of different instruments/rhythms to be played to differentiate between who is flying the kite. On paper, I really liked the sound of the ideas they put forward, but I won't know for certain until I hear how it sounds. They are going to get to work soon and keep me posted with any progress or samples, and I said I'd do the same from my end. We also discussed meeting up again once we had some more solid work, which I am very much looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment