Thursday 29 October 2015

Responsive: Brainstorming Ideas for Scream Street

To get started with planning, I made a note of all the important information I was going to need, and made a collection of the reference images that were going to be useful to me. This included the characters that were going to be involved and the setting.


Dig and Lulu

The Scream Street Set
 
The brief also outlined that we were limited to what sets and props will be available, so we were given a list of props that we would be able to use in our stories but we were only allowed up to five. This was to challenge us into creating a more character driven piece. I made note of these and was focusing upon them to come up with the basis of my narrative.


 Collection of Props Available to Use

Selection of Ideas and Notes


The prop that stood out most to me to begin with was the skateboard. I was thinking that because Dig likes to play games he could try to get Lulu to join in with some sort of activity. He could have dug a hole (which he enjoys doing) and tried to 'jump' over it on the skateboard, but kept on failing, resulting in Lulu simply laughing at him. I was thinking that he could also build/put together a ramp using different objects/materials, for instance leaning a plank of wood up against a tipped over bin, but because I wasn't sure whether I'd be allowed to implement a plank of wood into my story I decided to scrap this idea, as there wasn't anything else that could be used a ramp. 

In the end the idea I wanted to develop, played on the fact that Dig doesn't digest things, instead it just passes through him considering he is half dead. I was going to have Lulu throw Dig some of his bones/dog treats and because he doesn't digest anything, have him circle around an object repeatedly eating the same few bones without realising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment