Tuesday 13 October 2015

Telling Tales: Character Designing

Once I had finished my mood-board of character research, I got started on some more designs for our models. I continued with the idea that they could be robots (an idea I like the sound of as I feel it would be considerably easy to make them move, considering they are made up of parts, yet still look interesting and detailed) and here are some of my results.

Robot Designs

I was happy with how the robots were looking, but I had the idea that the characters could be based on animals, considering we weren't wanting to make human characters. So I decided to explore this idea a little further to see what I could create.


Animal Designs

I'm really fond of the Giraffes. I think they look quite lovable/dopey and I like that they're a bit different by standing on just the two legs instead of four, giving them human qualities. I feel like they wouldn't be too hard to animate either, as the body is a simple shape and is quite similar to that of our practice model. However, I'm going to report back to Emma to see what she has been doing with her designs and show her mine, so we can make a decision on what we would like to model.

No comments:

Post a Comment