Monday 8 February 2016

Applied Animation: Pre-Production Crit

Today was the day of our first critique, and I think I speak for everyone in our group when I say I'm happy with how it went. We presented our slides - that I had put together prior - showing our progress so far, and everyone seemed pleased with how much testing we had done and where we were heading with our project.

Presentation Slides


The main concern was our sound. Obviously we weren't going to use our voices for the final cut and we had just used them so we could time our animatic, but it was stressed that we should try to reach out to voice actors to get a good quality narration, as a sub-standard voice may detract from how beautiful our visuals have potential to be. We have since decided that we are going to aim to get our recording done by the end of next week, and in the mean time we are also going to continue to do testing before we start animating.

Now that we have a list of clear aims to get our animation finished we have been able to plan out the rest of our schedule, with me and Wing taking the majority of the traditional animating, and Oscar taking charge on adding colour. I am much more comfortable now that we have a clearer plan of what needs to be done, and I feel like we are headed very much in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment