Thursday 4 February 2016

Responsive Collaboration: Moodboards

To help me with my designing process, I produced a number of moodboards for each of the assets I had to design.

Paper Art

For the first moodboard I gathered a series of paper art images looking at the potential styles and techniques we could go for. As much as we liked the way the 3D elements looked, it would be more beneficial for us to go for 2D. We also like the simplicity of some of the characters on the board, and we thought a 2D space would compliment this style the best.

Farmhouses

I then looked at a collection of farmhouses as inspiration for the house that Jack and his Mother are going to live in. I tried to select houses that looked interesting but at the same time were quite basic in terms of shape and detail.

Barns

The same goes for the barns that I gathered. 

Kitchens

For part of the animation, Jack and his Mother will be sat in their kitchen having milk/breakfast. I tried to collect pictures that had a dining table in, and I looked across a range of different styles as I was unsure what the aesthetic of the kitchen should be, whether it be like a cottage, traditional or modern for example. 

At the moment I'm not 100% sure on what else needs to be designed as we are yet to talk through the thumbnails I produced. Once we have done this, I will 'get the go ahead' on what else needs to be designed (for example, if we 'okay' my thumbnails, I won't need to design the inside of the Giant's barn), and from there I will produce more moodboards where appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment