Friday 5 February 2016

Responsive Collaboration: Creating Paper Texture

It was only when I finished my animation tests in After Effects that I got the idea to add a paper texture straight to the original Photoshop file. I saved a few paper textures from Google images and laid them behind the layers I wanted to give the texture. I then changed the drawing layer to 'Multiply' so the texture showed through. This was such a simple answer to 'how do we get a digital drawing to look like it was made out of paper', that I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before. Especially because I'm doing a similar thing for my Applied project at the moment.

Paper Texture Test

I definitely think this has been the most beneficial test I have done so far, and was so quick and easy to do. This method also allows for greater creative control than adding Fractal Noise for instance, as we can simply choose images/create images as subtle or detailed as we want, meaning we can also create a much wider range of styles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment