Thursday 4 February 2016

Responsive Collaboration: Designing Elements

So far I have been able to make a start on the designs for the farmhouse and the kitchen interior, the Giant's barn and the A2 Milk containers.

Barn Designs

I started off with the barn design. I made sure to keep the designs quite simple and only add splashes of detail, so that if we came to make them in paper it would be easy to cut out and reproduce. I also tried to keep the amount of colours to a minimum so that we wouldn't have to invest in lots of different shades of paper. It only occurred to me after I had finished that it might have been a nice idea to have parts of the barn in the A2 Milk logo colours, but the colours are something that can easily be adjusted if we decide on it.

Farmhouse Designs

When I was designing the farmhouses, I tried to avoid using purple colours/tones so that it would be easier to differentiate between the normal farm and the A2 Milk farm. I also avoided testing greens as I figured the land surround the house would be mostly green and I wanted the house to stand out. Again, the colours are negotiable and we will be able to decide what style we want to go for when we carry out testing. 

Kitchen Design

Before our meeting, I managed to produce a line drawing of a potential kitchen. We thought it looked too detailed, but thinking about it, when reproduced in block colours I don't think it shall be a big contrast to the rest of our designs. There is also a chance that we won't need to see the kitchen from any other angle other than head-on, and if so we could spend more time on this background as we shall only need to make it the one time. Again, this can be confirmed when we discuss the thumbnails that I produced, but in the mean time I shall continue designing kitchens so we have a variety to choose from. 

A2 Milk Containers

I very quickly considered the milk containers that could be used throughout the animation. They could potentially be on the table at the end of the animation when Jack finds he can drink their milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment