Tuesday 9 February 2016

Responsive Collaborative: Testing New Textures

I very quickly tested some different textures as it was suggested in our meeting, and I think I prefer it to my original tests. I like how the textures makes the shapes more interesting and this way gives the subjects more realism.

Texture Test

My next step with this project was to carry out a test animation of how the beanstalk would sprout of the ground. I completed some initial sketches before I got started so I knew how it was going to look like and how it was going to form, and once I had a good idea of what I was after, I did a quick sketchy animation in Photoshop.

Beanstalk Designs

Beanstalk Animation Test

I was really pleased with how it formed, and when I showed Tyler he thought it was very nice movement, so I went ahead and coloured in the frames in a similar style to how I had created other components. Once I had done this I experimented with textures once again, as the colours on their own feel too plain now I have seen what other works have looked like with texture. 

Beanstalk Coloured Animation With Texture Test

Carrying out this test animation has made me really excited to get started with the rest of the production. I shall see what Tyler thinks of my work, and see what he has to offer in terms of final character designs and hopefully we can make a start soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment