Monday 8 February 2016

Responsive Collaboration: 08/02 Meeting

Once again, myself and Tyler met up to discuss our progress and what we have come up with. I showed him the tests that I had been working on over the past few days and suggested that it would be much quicker to simply add a paper texture to a digital drawing rather than making paper cuts and scanning them in. He was very much on board with this idea, and even took it one step further and suggested that we could even explore different materials/textures for different components. I really like this idea and I have been assigned to do some tests to see whether this is what we want to go with.

Tyler also showed me his character designs, and we decided on elements that we both liked within the variety he had (even though I loved them all) so that he could go away and refine the designs and turn them into digital versions, considering we have now decided to work digitally. Not only do we think that this method will be much quicker and simpler than trying to experiment with paper, but we think it will be easier to work together digitally whilst being in separate rooms/locations.

We also tweaked some of the shots I had sketched in my thumb nailed storyboard, and we are now in a position where we are both happy with the story and direction. Now all that we need to do is find someone suitable to narrate our story, and we shall be able to make an animatic so we can ultimately work out timings and begin animating once pre-production is complete.

Now that our plan of action is clearer, we are both much more comfortable and confident that we can get the work done, and I'm excited to see how we continue to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment