Wednesday 18 March 2015

After Effects Tutorial: Working With Masks and Adjustment Layers

In this session we were working with the boat components again, but this time we were learning how to use masks and adjustment layers. To get started, I animated the boat sailing by looping key frames like I was taught in our previous sessions and once I had finished this I was able to experiment. I played around with many different effects and experienced what I could do with masks, and in the end I settled for adding a sepia tone to my composition.

Testing Adjustment Layers

I found today's tutorial extremely helpful, as it allowed me to recap on my existing skills as well as find out about new tools that I can imagine are going to be useful if I come to animate using After Effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment