Thursday 5 March 2015

Animating with Maya: CV Curve Tool

In this part of the session, I returned to looking at the truck I modeled in my first induction to see if I could make it move. I created a motion path for the truck to follow using the CV Curve Tool, and attached the truck to the path once I had combined all it's components together. Once I had done this I could adjust the speed that the truck moved at by adjusting the curves on the motion graphs. I also made the truck ease in and out by adjusting the tangents on the curve, similar to my previous projects.

Bad Quality Truck

When I came to render the animation as an image sequence, I found that the photographs were really bad quality (as seen above). It took me a while to figure out why it had done this as the settings seemed to be the same as my previous renders, but it turns out the compression quality was too low, hence the quality of the final video. I adjusted this and exported the sequence again to get a much better quality (as seen below). I'm not fully sure why the image has a blue tint to it, but I have a feeling it is to do with the lighting of the composition. I shall have to keep an eye on this one and practice using lighting tools. 

 
*Better* Quality Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment