Thursday 5 March 2015

Animating with Maya: Bouncing Balls

For part of our induction to animating with Maya, we were to animate two balls bouncing. To do this task I had to bear in mind the 12 principles of animation, in particular Squash and Stretch. Where I find this to be an easy concept to wrap my head around, I found this to be the hardest task of the three I have done so far. The key frames were much harder to make/work out, as I had to test the degree to which I squashed/stretched the object as well as adjusting the tangents on the motion graph to create easing. 

Bouncing Balls

Even though I found it a bit of a struggle, I think I have done a good job with this task and I feel as though I have been able to give the balls different weights with the way I have made them bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment