Monday 2 March 2015

Applied Animation: Interim Crit

In today's critique I was pitching my current ideas to the class in hopes to get feedback. My main concern was the plot of the title sequence. I didn't know whether it would be best to focus on the first few chapters of the book, or to look at the story as a whole and just pick out key events. The latter seemed to be generally favoured, and it was mentioned that I don't want to include too much action, as I only have 30 seconds to work with. If I base the title sequence on the first couple of chapters, it may seemed too rushed or jam-packed with action and information, which I don't want. If the film starts with the first few chapters, I also don't want to repeat this footage in the title sequence, or vice versa.

I was asked whether I had considered sound, and to be honest I haven't really put that much thought into it yet. Immediately I had thought of having the title end with a gunshot and having the video cut to black, which could then fade into the rest of the film, but other than that I had no other ideas. Thinking about it now, a dramatic/suspenseful track would be suiting (Pyres of Varanasi springs to mind). I could even have other subtle sound effects over the top of this if needed but I think it would be best to tackle the animation first and tackle that hurdle when I get to it.

As a whole I'm happy with how the crit went as it really made me narrow down some of my ideas. I didn't really receive much criticism either, which indicates to me that I'm good to go. My next step is going to be picking out the events I want to occur in the title sequence, then I can get on with storyboarding, and looking towards gathering video references.

No comments:

Post a Comment