Wednesday 18 March 2015

Applied Animation: Storyboarding

After my critique I decided it was best if I just chose a couple of events from the entire book and base the title sequence around the ones I chose. I re-read the entire book, and whilst I was doing so I made notes of scenes that were interesting but wouldn't give too much away about the plot.

Notes on the Plot/Storyboard

In the end I decided to look at scenes that didn't necessarily seem important to the plot of the story, but actually were a major factor in the story. I made note of the scenes I wanted to animate, and sketched up a quick storyboard, each page focusing on a certain scene. I wasn't particularly interested in having the events play in the order in which they occurred in the book, instead I wanted to focus on creating a smooth transition from one scene to the next. I didn't want to have the scenes just simply "cut" from one to the other, so I ordered the scenes in a way in which I thought the transitions would flow the best.

Storyboard for Title Sequence

Whilst I was creating my storyboard, I also thought about where I could include the actors names and other credits. At the moment I have three potential spots for this, but they're in a position where, if I needed to include more names/text, I could simply extend the length of the scene. For instance, I could simply animate the smoke rising for a longer period of time in order to feature more names, or have the camera shutter transition twice, to open up to a new name.

No comments:

Post a Comment