Wednesday 4 March 2015

Animating with Maya: Pendulum

Last week we started animating using Maya, and I really enjoyed it. As expected it was quite frustrating to get used to, as I couldn't find the object attributes to animate, but once I got the hang of it I found this first animation quite easy to do. The settings are similar to After Effects in the sense that you can set a small number of keyframes, and the programme will fill out the rest for you.



Even though it's just a simple pendulum, I'm really pleased with my animation and that I have been successful at making it move and loop well. I'm really looking forward to see what else I can do with my acquired knowledge, and I can't wait to learn more in this field. I'd love to be able to get really good at using this programme, so I'm going to continue to practice and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment