Thursday 26 February 2015

You Spin Me Right Round: Improvements

I decided to transfer my pencil drawings onto punch paper in fine liner, in an attempt to neaten up the drawing and the general aesthetic of the piece. I found the process of tracing the drawings incredibly difficult as it was hard for me to get the drawings to line up as they weren't lined up originally. It was also very difficult to see the pencil through the punch paper, considering the originals where on cartridge paper, so when I traced the drawings, a lot of them weren't as accurate as what I had originally drawn. Especially the stand which the peanut stands on, and the flowers in the bouquet.

Attempt One

Because I didn't trace the drawings very accurately, I wasn't expecting it to work as well when I put all the frames together, so I was shocked when I saw it ran just as smoothly as my first attempt. Some of the lines are a bit wobbly, and shake slightly between each frame, but I definitely think the definite line has greatly improved my animation, and I quite like that it's not perfect. 
What I didn't like however, was the fact that I'd drawn the details in the hair in some of the frames, and left it as blank space in others. So I decided to remove the details in photoshop and put it together again. 

Attempt Two

So the second video is literally the same as the first, only some details have been removed from the odd frame. Overall I'm happy with the improvements and I'm glad that I decided to go through with it. If I have time I would like to try and incorporate some colour, as I think this would just be the icing on the cake. But we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment