Monday 23 February 2015

Applied Animation: Plot Summary of Target

I've decided that it's time for me to choose a book so I'll be able to start making decisions about the storyline and the art style that it is going to be completed in. In order for me to choose I'm going to have to re-jog my memory on what the books are about, as I only have a vague idea at the minute. Because I have a lot of books by Simon Kernick it will take too long to read them all, so I have narrowed it down to my top three; Target, The Payback and Ultimatum.

I'm starting with Target. Here's the gist of it:



Prologue: Sir Henry Portman has had 347 sexual partners (348 if you include his wife). He hires a prostitute called Nadia, who is stabbed whilst on top of him by masked men. His PVC blindfold is removed and Nadia is revealed to him along with the murderers that have broke into his room. They torture Portman, and leave him strapped to the bed.

Chapters One to Three: Rob Fallon meets up with old friend Jenny at a pub. They end up going back to Jenny's flat where things get a little heated. Rob goes to the bathroom to freshen up and whilst he is in there he hears the muffled screams of Jenny from the bedroom. The one of the two men walks into the bathroom where Rob is hiding behind the shower curtain. When he leaves he takes a peak around the curtain, where he can see the bottom quarter of the bed and the area immediately in front of it, which is taken up by Jenny's bare legs. As the men are about to leave they see Rob's jacket, and search the room to see if there is a man in the apartment. They find him in the bathroom, and Rob manages to escape by distracting them by hitting them with a soap dish. They catch up with him on the way out of the building, there is a struggle, but the chapter ends with Rob running away through a quiet street.

Brief Overview: Book is about Rob escaping from the murderers, as they know who he is from the wallet and phone that he left in his jacket. He has help trying to find out if Jenny is still alive from DS Tina Boyd, and he also consults Jenny's ex-boyfriend Dom, who is also a close friend of his. Dom helps him escape to begin with but ends up being involved with the abduction and the murders, and ends up leading Rob to his bosses, where he ultimately gets killed. Tina continues the investigation with the help of Mike Bolt from the Serious and Organized Crime Agency.


If I decided to base the title sequence on the first couple of chapters, then it will have a definite storyline that acts out the scenes, but if I were to choose the whole story, then the scenes will be vague and only give away minor details and events. Either will be fine to work with, as there is a lot of details that I can pick out and incorporate into a story.

At the moment, Target is looking like a good choice. I have some good visuals that I should be able to work with, but I shall briefly explore my remaining books to see whether this book is the best choice or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment