Wednesday 25 February 2015

Model Making: Session Two

The second session of our model making class involved giving the model more shape. We started by adding tape to the areas of the puppet with Milliput as this would allow the Plasticine to stick to it's surface better. This was a very quick process and once it was done we were to build on the model with Plasticine, completely covering the wire armature. We were focusing on sculpting the main body of the character rather than what it would look like with clothes and once we had finished this, we made eye sockets for the character by creating two Milliput eyes and either pushing them into the face, or using a rounded sculpting tool. I opted for pushing the balls into the face. 


End of Session Two

It's great to finally see the character taking shape, and today has been another enjoyable session. I feel that I am really making progress with the model, and I'm delighted that it stands up by itself. I was worried that I would encounter problems with my character as he is very slender and has a head and upper body that makes him very top heavy.
I can't wait for next week's session (actually can't wait, a week between these sessions is too long) as we will be adding in more details, which has proved to be my favourite part of the process in past projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment