Monday 9 February 2015

Applied Animation: Ideas Continued.

Having talked to Matt about my ideas, I think I am going to go with study task B, and create a title sequence for a book that is being made into a film. To me, it sounds like the most interesting brief, and I'm really hooked on the idea of work with one of Simon Kernick's books.

Initial Planning

I started off by listing the books I have by Simon. All of which are thriller/crime fiction books, and are very gripping from start to finish. Most of the books get straight to the action from page one, so it could be a good idea to base my animation on the first chapter of the book I choose. The best thing to do from here would be to re-read the chapters again. There are also a couple of books that I haven't read before, so it could be a good idea to start reading one for the brief. This way I won't be influenced by the end of the story. Then again, by doing this I may not get the character descriptions that I want/need to design the characters from.

In order to progress, I am going to do some research into existing title sequences from films of a similar genre. Not only this but films that are aimed at an older audience, as Simon Kernick's books are definitely not suitable for children due to some of the scenes being very graphic and inappropriate for kids. This research will hopefully influence my decision of which kind of art style I want to use, and ultimately what animation technique I use. I need the art style to be appropriate for the storyline and the audience, so I may have to work out of my comfort zone and use something I haven't explored before.

No comments:

Post a Comment