Wednesday 25 February 2015

Applied Animation: Plot Summary of The Payback

My final option is The Payback. I don't really remember much about this story, but I do remember considering it to be one of my favourites at the time of reading it. I also really like the colour scheme on the front of the book. I know I will be able to use this in the animation for another book, but I like the touch of taking inspiration from the cover.


Prologue: Nick Penny is working in his office when a man in black walks in, with a briefcase in one hand and a large pistol in the other. The man forces Penny to write three suicide notes; one for his wife, one for his "partner", and one for his two children. He says he will kill his family he if didn't do what was asked of him, and to make him realise he was serious, he showed Nick a live stream of his family home and a man with a knife in a balaclava outside to prove it. He is being forced to do so as Nick was investigating into the Gunman's client, and the prologue ends with Nick beginning to write his letters.

Flicking through the book, there isn't much at all I remember about the story. I've realised that what I thought happened, didn't actually occur. I guess I could choose to base the animation on the prologue and include a few shots of the scene that is set in the first chapter (Hong Kong), but if I wanted more details I would have to read through the whole story again. The prologue also isn't as action packed as the other stories, so the latter is most likely the only option for this book, should I choose it.

It would probably be best to choose one of the other two books and come back to the colour scheme on the cover if needs be. I don't really have time to read the whole book through to get a plot for my storyboard, where as with the other books I have a vague idea of what happens and I will only need to read chapters of the book if I require more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment