Wednesday 4 February 2015

Take 5: Animating Sound 018

Once I knew what I was doing with this animation, there wasn't much that needed to be planned out. I had to decide on my colour scheme (I went with black and white as I felt the monochrome theme represented the dull, electronic sound better) and then how I was going to produce the animation. Digitally seemed to be the way forward with this one as, again, this method seemed like it was going to create the right texture for the sound, as well as the easiest technique for this particular sequence.

Planning 

I opened up the sound clip in Premiere just like before to find out the length of the sound, but this time around I didn't really need to plan the keyframes. The static line was to move across from one side of the frame to the other over the course of 5 seconds (the length of the clip) and After Effects would create the in-betweens for me. The black dots were to appear in random locations as the line progressed, which didn't really need planning. Where they would appear would depend on the position of the line on that frame.

Sound 018

I managed to get this animation finished in about 1-2 hours, making it the quickest animation I have *ever* done. Even though it's very simple and it took me next to no time to complete, I'm really pleased with it. It's strengthened my knowledge on After Effects and the things I can do with it, so all-in-all producing this animation has been a good experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment