Monday 6 October 2014

Animation Skills: Storyboarding

My take on Humpty Dumpty - First ever post-it note storyboard.
In today's class, I learnt about the pre-production process that is storyboarding. I have already touched on creating storyboards before, but today I covered them in more detail. I learnt more about shot framing, and what to consider when making a storyboard, such as compostion and lighting. I also learnt about paper editting, and that it is where you work on different sheets, so the story can be easily changed and re-sequenced to help make it flow better. I had a go at this today, and found that it was a very useful technique.
When creating my own take on Humpty Dumpty, I tried to consider different camera angles and shots that I could use, and I think I was able to do a decent job, however when I revisit this again tomorrow, I may think about trying to add in some extreme long shots, or even some extreme close-ups, as a lot of the scenes seem to be 'shot' in medium or close-up.

All in all, I think today has been relatively successful, as I was able to learn something new and gathered some nice, constructive responces in relation to my storyboard. Roll on tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment