Tuesday 28 October 2014

Pixilation Task: Part Three, Final Product.

After a couple hours of filming I managed to get my pixilation finished, and I had quite a lot of fun doing it. I don't usually like telling people what to do, I like to let them just do their own thing and interpret the situation how they want to, but I actually enjoyed directing my "actors" and watching their expressions as they were pushed into walls and such.

I pretty much stuck to my storyboard when I shot the animation, but there were just a few odd angles I ended up changing. Some of the shots were awkward to achieve in the rooms I was filming in, so I strayed away a little, but the storyboard was definitely helpful for solidifying my idea and getting me to consider a range of angles, and I think I have done quite well at making the animation look interesting because of this. I tried to use a variety of techniques, such as shift in focus (if that's what it's called, I don't know), and I also tried to consider the rules of thirds when I was shooting, and I think I have been quite successful. 

 

I presented my final product to the class and I'm so happy with the responce I got. Most seemed to be pleased with the work that I had produced, and I got some nice comments as well. Someone also suggested that it could have been a good idea to have the parasite crawling out of the girl's mouth at the end. I thought this was a good idea and I was gutted I didn't think of it myself. I think it could have tied the animation up a bit better, and would have been a good chance for me to include some more close-ups.
I got the chance to watch my peers animations too, which I thought was really helpful. I really liked that I could see what other people had been working on just to see how our work differed, and it also gave me the opportunity to compare it back to my own work. Some people had strayed away from the more tradtional method of pixiliation and just used continous shooting to record the actions that were being acted out rather than moving slightly and then taking the photograph. Whereas I really liked the ideas they were able to come up with, and it created a much smoother, realistic image, I think I much prefer the quirkyness that comes from the more tradtional pixilation method, and I like the surreal things you are able to do by using humans as puppets rather than filming them. For example, floating around. It's not something I tested myself - I just created odd "woddle walks" - but it is definitely something I would like to come back and experiment a bit more with. It was tons of fun and theres loads more that could be done with this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment