Friday 31 October 2014

Illustrator Induction 1: Using the Pen Tool


I do NOT like illustrator. It confuses me and I don't like how you can't draw freely using the pen tool, and that you have to use anchors and handles to make curved lines. I do like that the lines are really smooth though, so at least Illustrator has that going for it at the minute.
To try to get used to using these features we were told to open up the pen tool exercise sheet and follow the instructions. I found it quite easy to follow, but I'm not fully sure what I have done. I don't feel like I have full control over the programme and that bothers me. Maybe I will get used to it, and maybe it will grow on me. Maybe.

We shall see.




In the second half of the morning session we were focusing on filling in our shapes and changing the stroke settings. I thought the different strokes were pretty cool, and I enjoyed looking at the different patterns I could create by changing the brush definition etc. but again, I don't like how they were presets as I feel like I still don't have control. Because of this I'm leaning more towards favouring Photoshop, that and I feel more comfortable using it. Maybe this will change the more time I spend using Illustrator, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment