Thursday 11 May 2017

Extended Practice: Producing a Film Trailer

When it came to putting together a rough draft of what I wanted my trailer to look like, I completely stemmed away from my original idea. In the end I simply chose well animated scenes that would also flow together nicely, and tell a story in itself.

Trailer Draft

I broke up the scenes with snippets of my synopsis, to help explain the premise of the film. The text also helped with the continuity of the trailer, by breaking up scenes that didn't necessarily follow from one another. As I was happy with how the draft was looking, I got started on colouring the corresponding scenes. 

Kites Trailer

I feel like my project is finally coming together now. I know I have made good progress with this animation already, but seeing all the coloured scenes together like that feels amazing. It's made it feel like an actual, real film now, especially as I have plastered it all over my social media telling people to keep a look out for its release in June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment