Thursday 4 May 2017

Extended Practice: Promotion Research

As I am looking at making up my own promotion pack for my film, I wanted to look at how other films and shorts had been promoted. I found with The Red Turtle, they had chosen a selection of 'money shots' and used them consistently across their promotional items. For example, the stills they have featured on their website as part of the background are the same stills that have been adapted into movie posters.

Film Posters

MAF Programme and Synopsis

Website Gallery

The Red Turtle - Trailer 

They have kept their synopsis very short and to the point, and have seemed to give you more of an insight into the film with the use of imagery rather than text. This is something I should definitely do, considering my story isn't complex/complicated; it can be easily summed up in one sentence. I also liked that they featured a mix of finished and uncompleted scenes in their gallery, to show the development of the film. 


I researched into how Mr Madila was promoted, as I wanted to see the difference between a short film and feature length. Though I wasn't able to find any posters, I did notice that the stills featured on Rory W.T's website, were consistent across articles and on websites where it has been featured. The trailer is also much shorter - as suspected - but still manages to tease at what the film is about, without giving too much away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment