Friday 5 May 2017

Extended Practice: Reviewing The Title Sequence

As I have been trying to save on animating, I thought it was a good idea for me to re-visit my title sequence. The movement that I had planned for the character in the first scene was going to be very time-consuming and challenging, as she was going to have to crouch and turn towards the camera. I feel I've already proved to myself and to the audience that I would be capable of animating this (I have a shot of the character bending over and multiple shots of the characters twisting already animated) and so I don't think it's entirely necessary that I animate this scene, considering I can avoid doing so with a more time-efficient opening.

The idea I had was to simply include a camera pan. It would start at the sky and reveal the title of the film, and then pan down to the characters, where they are stood ready to begin flying the kite.

Title Sequence Idea

Here I have roughed out what I had planned for the title sequence and slotted the clip into my animatic to see how well it works; I prefer this to my original sequence. I think this idea is better at establishing the setting, and I haven't yet used a camera pan in the film. Instead the scenes just cut from one to the other. I think this is a more interesting and dynamic way of introducing the story. 
I also think the change in the scene is better in terms of story line too. Before, you were given insight into the sisters' ability of kite flying (which is likely not very well, as the kite crashes into the leaf pile) from the get-go, where as in this edit the failed attempt comes as more of a shock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment