Thursday 18 May 2017

Extended Practice: Progressing Towards Completion

18-05-17 Progress

The next steps I am going to take to get my film finished are:
- Finish of the remaining line work
- Colour remaining frames
- Add in backgrounds
- Add shading and final details.

The first three on my list are necessities, and these need to be completed in time for exhibition, where as the shadows and shading is just going to be a nice extra if I have the time. I'm definitely going to add these in my own time, and before I submit my film to festivals, as the addition of the shading really enhances the aesthetic of the film, by making it more visually interesting, but also by giving the characters and the scene more depth. 

Shading and Shadow Examples


Alternative Music Score

Apparently I'm also going to have to consider what music I am going to use for my final film too. Out of the blue - in the early hours of the morning of hand-in day - I was sent an audio file by another music student, who had scored against a slightly older version of my animation that I had posted online. The student really liked the work that I was doing and wanted to put forward the ideas he had for the music, just for fun. I really like it. It's bizarre to watch my film back with a different track, as I'm so used to seeing it with the music that my collaborators produced, but I like the different approach. It's very playful and fits the timings of the animation very well. 

I'm not sure which I prefer. It might be worth asking for a second opinion about this at a later date, as it could be something I implement for the final show. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment