Thursday 4 May 2017

Extended Practice: Re-evaluating

Recently I've been really struggling with work. Since preparing for the final crit the remaining work load has been put into perspective for me. Had I have not been involved in the car crash which took several weeks out of my schedule, I think I would have been fine, but now I'm really feeling the pressure to get the film finished. Also, consistently working on line work is starting to take its toll on my mental health. Basically I am getting bored/fed up with it and feel I need a change, but I was under the impression that I had to keep pushing through to get the line work finished.

I discussed my issues with Mike, and I came to the conclusion that it would be best for me to make a start at completing a handful of scenes in terms of colour and backgrounds. Not only would this allow my fellow classmates to see the intentions I have for my film in the crit, but I would be able to use the finished scenes in an updated showreel. I am going to pick out a mixture of scenes that I believe to have a strong performance, and scenes that I am going to use in order to make a trailer for my film, and focus on getting those finished. Once I've done that I'm going to push to see how much of the line work I can get done in time for submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment