Friday 5 December 2014

After Effects: Induction Two

We started of the induction by briefly recapping on what we did last week. Then were then taught how we can edit our keyframes if we feel the sequence is too slow or too fast in the RAM preview.

Recap of Last Week and Editing Keyframes

We were also shown how we can edit the INTERPOLATION (I know, fancy). So again, I experimented with tools I already knew how to use, but this time I changed how the solid layer moved by using the Convert Vertex Tool. 

Experimenting With Convert Vertex Tool and Auto-Orient

(I'm not sure why the light blue box twitches half way through. Shall have to look into this)


In the second half of the tutorial we were shown how to import files from photoshop, and the different ways we could do this. Once we had seen the difference between the different file settings, we imported some images to play around with, to test the potential of the programme.

Using Position and Rotation Keyframes

In my first test, I wanted the balloon to fly from one side of the screen to the other, stopping to perform a loop in the middle. I did this by adjusting the position and rotation keyframes of the object. I think it went pretty well, and I was able to make it move at a decent speed and the loop seems to run smoothly. Michael then pointed out to me that I could have made the balloon loop easier by adjusting the Anchor Point of the image.

Rotating Around an Adjusted Anchor Point

I took Michael's advice, and tried to make the image rotate around an anchor point that wasn't positioned in the middle. It was a lot easier to do, and it also made the loop much smoother. The advantage of doing it this way as well, is that there are fewer key frames, so it makes editing the sequence much easier. 

I'm not even sure.

Finally, I created another sequence, that combined pretty much everything we have been taught in these sessions. I'm going to stop talking now because this post is too long. So there we have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment