Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Classical Elements: What's That?! Another Update?!

Yes it is.

I've done LOADS since my last blog post, and I am very pleased with how it's looking. I am very near completion now and I couldn't be happier.

Almost Finished!

I have managed to get the colour in the animation completely finished. This includes the hand and the lighter at the beginning of the animation, as well as the flames. When this was done I went on to design and animate the facial features of the girl character. As you can see the idea of keeping the girl relatively realistic went completely out of the window. When I came to facial features I tried a number of different possibilities and designed everything on different layers on top of the girl's face so I could easily hide features to see which one I preferred. I went with the eyes that were featured in the video (obviously) as I felt they looked the best, but I was unsure of the mouth. Nothing that I drew seemed to complement the rest of the character, so I just drew in the movements of the mouth with a basic line and thought I'd come back to it by drawing in lips around the initial shape. I found that when I completed this I didn't want to add any more to it, as I thought the simplicity of the mouth suited the character. Looking at it now though, I should add colour to her mouth in the frames where it is open, so it actually looks like she has a hole in her face (for lack of a better phrase).

I actually thought that once I had considered the colour in the mouth I would be finished, but then I realised that I had the facial features of the flames to do. I drew the eyes as just black circles, that I erased where appropriate to create different facial expressions. This took me a fair few hours to do, and when I had finally finished I went to save it and the computer crashed, and I lost the work I had done. It was fair to say that I was DEVASTATED, especially because I couldn't retrieve the work I had lost. So I am going to have to do it all again. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment