Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Classical Elements: What is a Flame?

I don't really know how I got onto watching this animation, because its an educational video about science and what a flame is and in that sense it isn't useful to me at all. I did however like the way one of the candles had been animated, so I guess it's relevant.

What is a Flame by Benjamin J. Ames

I almost didn't watch this animation all the way through, as I wasn't a fan of the style of the flames at the beginning of the video. I think the art style works well for this animation, and it helps to explain the science behind fire and flames, but this wasn't something I wanted to work into my own animation. I'm glad I sat through it though, as there is a slight variance in style, and I really like the way the candle's flame has been animated at around 0:42 and 0:57. It's quite basic, but still has a certain degree of realism, and I think that style would compliment the candle characters I have drawn quite nicely. I also think it would be very easy to animate, which is always nice, especially if there's no reason to over complicate things. 

Also, not relevant at all, but that song at the end. Wow. Just wow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment